- 1-888-4PPA-NOW (1-888-477-2669)
- Patient FAQs
By the Numbers: PPA Impact
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA), a nationwide effort sponsored by America’s biopharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies, has helped nearly 8 million uninsured and financially-struggling Americans get information about programs that provide prescription medicines for free or nearly free. PPA provides a single point of access to more than 475 patient assistance programs, including nearly 200 offered by biopharmaceutical companies. To help spread the word about the assistance available, the PPA’s “Help Is Here Express” buses have visited all 50 states and more than 2,500 towns and cities over the past four years.
- nearly 8 million – Residents helped by PPA and Pre-PPA programs
- 50.7 million – Number of uninsured residents
- 13.6 million – Number of unemployed residents
- 162 million – Cases of common chronic diseases
- $1.3 trillion – Cost of chronic disease
- PPA data collected by RepEquity, December 2010
- Urban Institute and Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured estimates based on the Census Bureau's March 2007 and 2008 Current Population Survey (CPS: Annual Social and Economic Supplements).
- State and territory figures from the Table 3, Regional and State Employment and Unemployment: June 2008, and Unemployment rates by State, seasonally adjusted: May 2011, Bureau of Labor Statistics, available at http://www.bls.gov/news.release/laus.t03.htm.
- An Unhealthy America: The Economic Burden of Chronic Disease. (2003). Milken Institute. Chronicdiseaseimpact.org.